The Clipper Round the World Yacht Race is one of the greatest challenges of the natural world, an endurance test like no other. A fleet of twelve identical 70-foot ocean racing yachts, battle it out over 40,000 nautical miles during 325 days enduring all the elements.
Normally the domain of seasoned pros, this challenge is taken on by ordinary, everyday people; nurses and taxi drivers rub shoulders with chief executives, vicars mix with housewives, students work alongside bankers, and engineers team up with rugby players.
Having completed a rigorous training course, competitors are equipped with extreme protection clothing from Henri Lloyd to commence the race of their lives, and we are proud to provide the watches they rely upon during their arduous adventure.
Built around our proven shock and water-proofing systems, the Clipper Race UTC watch features unique dial graphics that provide a subtle nod to its ocean-going pedigree - the indexes around the left-hand (port) half of the dial are red, whilst those on the right (starboard) half are green.
The independently-adjustable red-tipped UTC hand is used to tell the time in a second time zone using the 24hour markers engraved into the outer bezel, whilst the inner rotating timing bezel is operated via the upper crown located at 2H.
The letters UTC on the dial stand for Universal Time Coordinated - the time standard used by race crews and officials as they navigate their way around the globe.
Also included in the box is an additional black cotton duck canvas strap with unique red stitching that echoes the red in the Clipper Race logo and a watchmakers screwdriver to change straps quickly and easily by removing the solid steel strap bars.
This strap is unique to the Clipper Race UTC model and fades beautifully with exposure to the elements to give it a well-travelled fingerprint.
Identical to the watches worn during the race by the yacht skippers and crew, each watch bears its individual serial number on the caseback.
Limited to 1,000 pieces worldwide.
Please note that serial numbers are allocated randomly.
Elliot Brown Watches were relied on by skippers and crew during the entire 40,000 mile circumnavigation during the 2015/16 race. For the ultimate test of endurance, fastened using only the standard steel strap bars, an Elliot Brown watch was mounted to the mast of one of the race boats. It survived the entire 11 month round the world voyage, coping with every extreme in temperature, vibration and constant salt water conditions with nothing but the base of a cold metal mast as it’s travelling companion.
This incredible test, more extreme than any we know of, is how our phrase “Built To Go The Distance” came to exist. It feels entirely appropriate and is indicative of the honest durability built into every Elliot Brown watch.
- Swiss Made Ronda Calibre 505.24H quartz movement with custom date printing at 4.30
- 3 year battery life
- Steel & elastomer damped shock-absorbing movement holder
- Water-resistant to ISO2281 and individually tested to 20ATM/200M
- Shock-resistant to ISO1413
- Solid marine-grade 316L stainless steel case
- Anti-reflective 2.5mm sapphire crystal
- Triple sealed 6mm knurled crowns
- Bolted down caseback with oversize seals
- Internal rotating timer bezel with SuperLuminova marker
- SuperLuminova coated indices & hands
- Screw-in steel strap bars with screwdriver included for easy strap changes
- Fitted Elliot Brown black rubber strap with solid stainless wide-tongue buckle
- Additional black cotton duck strap with unique contrasting red stitching and deployant buckle
43mm excluding crowns
52mm max to tip of case shoulders
Maximum thickness - 12mm
Strap width - 22mm
- Gifts For Him