This website is operated by John Pass Jewellers Ltd trading as John Pass Jeweller and Watchmaker. As a user of this website you acknowledge that any use of this website by you including any transactions you make are subject to our terms and conditions below.
By using this website you confirm that you are at least 18 years old or if you are not at least 18 years old, that you have the authority/consent of your parent or guardian to do so.
Please make sure you:
- Read through these terms and conditions carefully before using this website as use of the website will be taken by us as the fact that you agree with them.
- Print a copy for future reference.
- Also read our Privacy Statement section regarding your personal information.
- We reserve the right to change our terms and conditions at any time. Any such changes will take effect from the date they are put on the website and it is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions every time that you use this website. Your use of the website will show us that you accept the latest terms and conditions.
- If you are shopping on behalf of a commercial organisation, we take your use of our website as notice that you have the authority to make purchases on behalf of your organisation.
- Please see the details within our online shop on how to order from us. All orders that you place on this website will be subject to acceptance in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- When you place an order you will be able to print and save a copy of the order and if you choose to register your details, will be able to access an order history. We do not hold this data unless you register with us which we take as your permission to hold the order details, excluding payment details.
- If you wish to obtain specific details of your previous orders please email email@example.com
- This website is for delivery of products to customers in the United Kingdom (including the outer British Isles) and Northern Ireland addresses and to many International Destinations. We reserve the right to decline and refund on any order where there is not a secure postal service available to send the goods to you. If you want to know if advance whether we can deliver to your country, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We always try to deliver goods within the estimated time scales although delays are sometimes inevitable due to unforeseen factors. John Pass shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver the products within estimated timescales (this does not affect your statutory rights)
- When the products have been delivered to you and payment in full received, you are responsible for any loss or damage to them
- We take payment from your card when you confirm your order and have checked your card details and stock availability. At present payment is taken via Sage Pay, Pay Pal or V12 finance - if you are unable to pay in this way, contact us on (01270) 214157 to arrange alternative payment.
- If you are shopping from a non UK country, our Sage Pay method will decline your sale. This is due the fact we require your card to be verified for security reasons and this system will not work on cards issued by non UK banks. If you are shopping from outside of the UK, please choose Pay Pal as the payment method. You can still use your card to pay within the Pay Pal payment system.
- If we are unable to supply the goods, we will inform you of this as soon as possible. A full refund will be given if you have already paid for the goods.
- The price you pay is the price displayed on this website when we receive your order. We make every effort to ensure that all prices on our website are accurate but errors sometimes occur. If we find an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will inform you of this fact as soon as possible. You then have the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund..
- Legal ownership of any products you order on this website shall pass to you on delivery of the products and when that we have processed and received payment in full for the products.
- All prices include VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rates but exclude delivery charges, unless expressly stated. These are added in at the final stage of placing the order.
Returns, Cancellations and Substitution
- Our refund policy: If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase from John Pass you can return the unworn goods within 60 days of receipt for either an exchange or refund. We will refund your postage costs to us for items that are faulty and for change of mind within this time period. We will always refund postage costs we have charged you for receiving the goods. This exceeds our requirements under the Distance Selling Regulations.
- All returned items need to be in original and unused condition with the gift box, diamond certificate (where appropriate) and a copy of the original purchase receipt or other proof of purchase such as a copy of a card statement.
- For your own benefit, when returning an item/s direct to John Pass, we suggest using Royal Mail Special Delivery. This will ensure there is proof of delivery and insurance on the goods whilst in transit.
- Where items are stated as being to Special Order, they have been made specially to fulfill your order and therefore cannot be resold. In this case, we are unable to accept these for return unless faulty. This complies with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and amended in 2014.
- All sizes and measurements are approximate but we do try to make sure that they are as accurate as possible.
Use of information and images on our site
- You agree that all copyright, trade marks and all other intellectual property rights in all materials and/or content made available as part of your use of this website shall remain at ours or companies who allow us to sell their products on our website (as appropriate). You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us or companies who allow us to sell their products on our website (as appropriate). The content of this website (including text, video, audio, audio-visual materials and graphics) may not be copied, reproduced, distributed, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means without our prior written consent, except as stated below.
- You understand that all content of this website is for your own personal and non-commercial use and that you may only download such material and content for the purpose of using this website. You further acknowledge that any other use of the material and content of this website is strictly prohibited and you agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
- John Pass will use reasonable measures to check the information on this site is accurate but gives no guarantee of any kind (whether written or implied or provided by law or otherwise) regarding the contents or availability of the site or that it will be timely or error-free or that faults will be corrected. We cannot guarantee the server from which our site is made available is free of viruses
- We recommend you take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of your computer and personal data when making a transaction online
- We cannot be held liable for any faults caused through weaknesses in computer software or hardware whilst in your own personal use
- We will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but, unless we are negligent, we cannot be held liable for any losses caused as a result of unauthorised access to information provided by you
A cookie is a file containing text sent between a computer used to browse a website and a server used to host a website. Cookies are used to distinguish users from one another and the website pages they visit, whilst also passing information between pages during browsing sessions.
This website uses the Google Analytics service, which in turn relies on cookies to provide meaningful reports about its visitors. Google Analytics cookies do not collect personal data about website visitors, rather, the information collected is used to quantify browsing trends between website users, that in turn helps website owners provide the best online experience possible for their customers.
The following are Google Analytics cookies placed on your computer by the Google Analytics service:
For more information about these cookies, please visit the following link.
Other things you may want to know
- The contract between us is covered by the laws of England and any dispute between us will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England. All correspondence must be sent and received using the English language to prevent any errors in translation.
- Barclaycard Merchant Services processes all debit, credit and charge card payments for customers and takes a handling fee from the transaction value. The rest is paid to John Pass for the goods and services supplied. The total amount payable by all customers regardless of the means of payment will be the same, as John Pass pays the cost of the handling fee on your behalf. It means you pay exactly the same price no matter which payment method you choose online.
- We may provide links to other websites for you to access at your discretion. If you have choose to enter the linked website you accept we are not responsible for the availability of the external site or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for:
- The privacy practices of such websites,
- The content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or
- the use to which others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the user's computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user's interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website's email newsletter program. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list].This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites, similar to;Diamond Jewellery Range or Welsh Gold Jewellery.)
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, to whom may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Resources & Further Information
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 - The Guide
- Fillable PDF Forms Creation
V.3.0 April 2013 Edited & customised by:
John Pass Jewellers ltd
179 Nantwich Road,
01270 214 157