John Pass Jewellers (“us”, “we”, or “our”) will always treat your personal information as strictly confidential. The storage and processing of your data will always fully comply with all Data Protection legislations. In all aspects of processing your data we will endeavour to ensure your privacy in every way possible.
Data we obtain
We obtain and use your data using the lawful basis of consent, contract and/or legitimate interest depending on the circumstance. The data we ask for will depend upon the situation but can include, although will not be limited to, the following:
- Contact information such as email address or telephone number
- Credit, debit card or other payment information
How we use your data
There are situations both in store and on our website in which we will collect, store and use personal information. These include, but are not limited to:
- Purchasing an item in store
- Placing an order for an item in store
- Placing an order online either as an order to be posted out or as click and collect
- Reserving an item either online or by telephone
- Booking in an item(s) for repair, resizing, servicing or valuation
- Online or telephone queries
- If you request to be placed on waiting lists for watches or other products
We will use this data to:
- Provide goods and services, including processing online orders
- Manage any accounts that you have with us
- Verify your identity
- Inform you of service dates, repair estimates or completions.
- Access your proof of purchase for warranties or insurance purposes
- Keep record of details of repairs, services and other work that has been carried out on our premises or by one of our partner workshops
From time to time, and with your permission, we may contact you via email with marketing materials detailing our new and existing collections, promotions and/or sales. We may also post out materials such as John Pass catalogues or invitations to our events. If you would like to stop receiving digital or postal communications from us, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by telephone (01270 214157/ 01782 631076).You can cancel these communications at any time and can do so without forfeiting records of your purchases or repairs.
Sharing data with third parties
Instances where we may be required to share your information are, but not limited to, the following:
- Valuations where our accredited valuer needs your information to complete the formal valuation document
- Government bodies, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so
- To comply with legal obligations
- To exercise our legal rights
- For the prevention, detection or investigation of crime or the prosecution of offenders
Storage of data
The amount of time we store your data will depend upon the type of data. Electronic data regarding your sales history will be stored indefinitely, unless otherwise requested by you. This is so that we can always access your original proof of purchase for insurance, warranty and guarantee purposes. The same is also true for details of repairs, valuation and services. Certain hard copies of data must be stored for Inland Revenue purposes for seven years, after which these are professionally shredded. Details of orders will be kept for one year and again will be shredded after this time.
You have the right to view, amend or remove your data from our database at any time. Please contact us via email at email@example.com, telephone 01270 214157/ 01782 631076 or come into any of our branches if you wish to exercise this right.
While navigating on the Rolex section of of our website, some cookies are controlled by ROLEX SA which applies the following Cookies Policy.